When you begin considering your legacy, you may feel at a loss. It’s a complicated process and often an emotionally draining one. Not only do you have to decide on the legacy you will leave, but you need to know the estate planning vehicles that will effectively carry out your wishes.
You may be asking:
- How much do I want to leave to my children, grandchildren, and other family members?
- Should I give them an outright inheritance or place the money in a trust?
- Can I help pay for my grandchildren’s future college tuition?
- What’s the best way to support my favorite charities?
- How do I make sure my heirs and not the government receive my legacy?
When you work with us, we will help you determine your legacy goals and how to achieve them. Once we have crafted your plan, we will collaborate closely with your estate planning attorney to help ensure all the details are carried out.
We will work with you and your attorney to:
- Select appropriate vehicles such as wills and trusts to carry out your wishes
- Choose the proper family member or professional to act as executor or trustee of your estate
- Review philanthropic options such as donor-advised funds, charitable remainder trusts, and other options to support the causes you care about
- Establish goals, and possibly specific trusts, for situations such as a second marriage, a child with special needs, or a relative with require ongoing financial management
- Mitigate taxes so that more of your estate is passed on to your loved ones and charity
You should have peace of mind that you have prepared the legacy you envision, and we will work with you every step of the way to help ensure that it is.